Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My first blog!

Okay! So I've finally started this blog. Please forgive the formatting as I'm learning the ropes. For now, enjoy the pictures and marvel at how one tiny baby can change things!
This was the beginning of the enjoyable part of the night for me. I was eating this popsicle about 3 minutes after the wonderful doctor administered my epidural. I was feeling good then. And the popsicle tasted great!

The paparazzi was waiting just outside the door. And yes they all had their cameras ready. Grandma Nancy, Grandma Donna and Auntie Amy were very excited to meet Jack. Caleb was along too but he was next door in the family lounge asleep on the couch.



Amy and Jack.
Think of the wisdom she has to pass along to this kid!


Seth and Jack.
Seth would prefer to be referred to as Pops by the way!



Do I look a little shell shocked? He was mine and they were going to make me take him home? Weird!





Jessica and Dan.
I have a picture of Dan holding Jack too but I know Jess will get mad if I don't use this one where she's holding Jack. Right Jess?






Clay and Alex.
You will never meet two sweeter people in the whole world.







Grandpa Dean (Seth's dad) looks a little nervous here but he'll get the hang of it soon enough.








Honorary Grandma Ladybug (aka Gloria) is running neck and neck with Grandma Donna for the amount of clothes she has bought Jack. Keep it comin' Grandmas!









I thought this was cool. The hospital had essentially a low-jack system called Hugs on the baby floor. Every baby wore a sensor and if they were taken through an exit door and alarm would sound. No stolen babies at St. Lukes!










Snooze time with Pops.











Ajha and Mazzy are loving their cousin. Ajha always askes if she can pet him and Mazzy will forever call him Baby Jack.












Caleb and Jack are amazing to watch together! I never thought an 11-year-old boy would be so attentive to a baby he sees almost every day. Caleb will walk away from whatever he's doing (even Playstation!) to come and talk to Jack. And now that Jack is acting slightly more human and interacting with people Caleb is quickly become his favorite. Just wait till I show you a picture of Jack staring at Caleb's mohawk!
This is just a small sample of the cast of characters Jack has to learn from in his lifetime. Won't it be a wonderful life?














4 comments:

Leanna said...

I LOVE IT!! I'm on the verge of tears but they are happy ones! Thank you so much for starting a blog. I can't wait to show Ben and Sam. It's so awesome to see you guys in pictures. Jack looks amazing and I can't wait to hold him. One month to go! We are all SO excited to see you guys!

Anonymous said...

I love it! I agree with Leanna, tears were RIGHT on the verge...And yes, thank you for picking the right picture ;)


I'm so glad you started one!

Anonymous said...

and now I'm sitting here humming "A Whole New World" as I'm entering inventories and getting audit ready. HAHA! Thanks! :)

Phx_McDonalds said...

We love the pictures. Thanks for keeping us up to date with everything. We can't wait to meet Jack. Hopefully soon....

Love from Phoenix.