I hope you all had a great Christmas. Except for Bertha (the winter storm), ours was peachy keen. We even got a tree up and decorated this year!

Caleb, Ajha, Mazzy & Rudolph at Bentleyville a few days before Christmas.
Don't you love how Mazzy is chewing her popcorn during this shot?

This was the best of a few bad pictures. I gave Seth a lecture about how when someone is taking his picture he's supposed to smile at the camera! Tara & Mazzy made it in the shot too.

Blizzard Bertha dropped almost 2 feet of snow at our house on Christmas Eve. Then she started raining on Christmas Day. Lots of the snow melted and the streets and sidewalks are an ankle-twisting, fender bender mess. Think of a rutted, muddy road... that's frozen solid! Lots of fun! But Jack had fun playing in the snow on Christmas Eve.

Until he fell over and got stuck. Then later in the day the McDonald Clan was supposed to get together as tradition dictates but some were snowed in in Duluth and others in St. Paul. We still had the party room booked for our swimming pool fun so we convinced our friends, the Ruders, to come out and join us. The kids had fun in the pool. Jack and Sadie especially loved running up and down the halls!

Sadie says, "Jack, you wait here and I'll go grab the Cheetos off the table!"
(Don't you love her beach towel toga?)

"I'll be right back!" As Jack gives her the sly thumbs up in agreement.

I think this is the exact moment that Sadie shared her cold with Jack.
Go Vikes!

And then on Christmas morning, we made our way to the Kempffers, in the pouring rain. Seth loved the footie pjs in the boots so much he had to take a picture.

This play vacuum was the first thing Jack opened at Grandma Donna's and, as far as he was concerned, he was done. He didn't even wait until it was out of the box to start playing. Why a toy vacuum? I told Mimi (Auntie Amy) to keep an eye out for one because Jack throws a royal temper tantrum when I put my dust buster away. Did this decoy work? Of course not! He still loves my dust buster.

This dumbstruck look was Caleb's reaction to opening an iPod Touch. It was fun watching him run around the house on the scavenger hunt that his grandma set up for him to find it.

Isn't this how we all feel at the end of Christmas morning?
I think he was watching Wall-E at this point.
2 comments:
He is sooooo cute Carrie Ann! I can't believe how big is getting! We need to get there pronto, tell him to stop growing until I see him again, okay?;) Love all the pictures! Keep them coming!
WHere does the time go? OUr babies are babies any longer!! Thanks for including your future daughter in law, her great grand rents and us to your McDonald festivities. Of course, when I told everyone we were going to the McDonald's, they all looked at me like I was crazy. What they didn't hear me say was "the" before your name. They thought we were going for burgers. We had a ball, as usual...Thanks again!
Post a Comment