Friday, August 27, 2010

Random Jack 6

We all somehow survived the Mayor's Block Party. Friday night we watched ET in the park. And although the weather we were sitting in matched that on the screen, think misty & foggy, we had a good time- Reese's Pieces and all. Saturday's weather was perfect for an all day, outdoor party. As you can see from the picture above I have a little dare devil on my hands! He went down the "big slide" only twice but asked to go many more times. The look on his face as he was sliding down was absolute terror but he was smiling when he was getting his shoes on! Mazzy dominated the kids' karoeke stage. I think she was up there 5 times in the 4 hours they were running it. I don't think I could have heard more Taylor Swift if I went to one of her concerts! The music downtown brought in a local high school band called Silencing the Desperate who were really very good! But of course the main attraction were The Accidentals. Johnny B. Good never sounded better!
Thank you Mayor Bolen for another great party!

So here's the little stud muffin down by the lake. One of his favorite hobbies these days is throwing rocks- most of the time in the water but once at my car (I have the scratch in my paint to prove it)! And yes, he is one of the few kids I know who actually asks for his hat & sunglasses. Everything has been going well this summer. Jack is a great kid who cracks me up most of the time. He pushes his luck every once in a while but usually he's pretty laid back. We'll see how it goes when his little sister comes at Christmas time!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carrie!!! How are you? I hope well. Long time no chat. I am no longer in Florida but have moved to North Carolina. I see that you are adding to your family! I am really excited for you. How are you? How are things in Two Harbors?

I miss you!