Friday, November 5, 2010

Just Call Him Radar!

Here is a picture of Jack playing the drums on a giant, plastic pumpkin. This is a boy who takes his drumming very seriously- a trait he picked up from his cousin Bubba (Caleb to those who aren't frequent visitors to the Kempffer Compound). I wanted to post this picture for two reasons. First, it's a pretty funny picture even without knowing this little story. Second, I want to put a mental image in your head that will make you laugh. Remember the character Radar on M*A*S*H? (If you don't there is something wrong with you and you should stop reading now because this just won't make any sense to you!) For those of you who are familiar with one of the best characters on TV, try to remember the few episodes in which Radar plays the drums. His head is down, he's moving to the beat, he has a goofy smile on his face... this is Jack when he plays the drums. He could be using pencils as drumsticks on the coffee table or pounding with his hands on a pumpkin, whatever the scenario, he reminds me of Radar as he entertains those around him with all his heart.

And even though I see reminders of others in him everyday, my boy is one of a kind!

3 comments:

Chanda said...

M.A.S.H.- I know it's a great show, but my generation didn't get enough of it.

J.A.C.K.- cute!

Chanda said...

M.A.S.H.- Sadly I don't remember.

J.A.C.K.- cute!

Anonymous said...

I haven't been on here in quite some time to check on the little peanut, but it looks like he is keeping you plenty busy! Thanks to Seth for posting this on his facebook to check it out, or I would have forgotten again! Maybe we should go to the park again before the snow flies??